Klein Marine Systems introduces the industry’s first integrated side scan and nadir gap filler sonar for high resolution, efficient surveys.
The Klein 4K-MAX side scan sonar delivers unprecedented focused 600kHz imagery at an optimum range of 50 meters per side with capability of reaching 120 meters per side.
MAX Technology provides imaging of the nadir zone (gap) with the same interpretive characteristics of side scan sonar improving survey times by approximately 40%. This means 40% less survey time at sea, 40% less fuel consumption and a higher probability to complete the survey in a window of good weather!
Superior image quality combined with an increase in efficiency provide an unmatched value proposition.
The MAX technology of the Klein 4K-MAX generates acoustic shadows in the nadir area with the tail transducers and displays them in the MAX window of SonarPro™.
Gap filler is the “Holy Grail” of seafloor imaging –
In just two passes with 4K-MAX the surveyor achieves the same coverage previously achieved in three. No need to go over the nadir zone twice! The savings over time of shipboard costs makes the return on investment shorter than ever before.
- Complete Nadir Gap Filler Coverage
- 40% increase in survey efficiency
- 600 kHz Side Scan/850 kHz Nadir
- Broadband CHIRP
- Klein Blue Technology for Superior imaging performance
- Depth Rated to 300 m
- Ergonomic design and one-man deployable
- Smart Telemetry
- Operates on AC or DC Power
- Construction/UXO: Great reduction in shipboard costs.
- First Responders, Search and Recovery and Harbor Security: When time is of the essence, greatly reduces search time.
- Hydrographers & Surveyors: Maximum survey efficiency.